Japan Wood Culture Society (JWCS)
Based on the idea of "Wood is Good", we are conducting activities to investigate and promote Wood Culture in Japan.
- To conduct research, education and promotion of wood culture in Japan.
- To promote the sustainable and recyclable use of wood, a friendly material to humans and the earth, in cooperation with the International Wood Culture Society (IWCS) and other organizations.
- To carry out activities in the following six fields:
- Global environment and sustainable society
- Arts and humanities
- Architecture, design and handicrafts
- Wood science and technology
- Wood education
- Wood processing and marketing
- To hold events related to World Wood Day in Japan, in order to raise public awareness of the importance and significance of Japanese wood culture.
- To organize cultural activities from the standpoints of fairness, justice and freedom without any affiliation with specific political or religious groups.
2-4-19 Suido, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 112-0005, Japan
+81-3-3814-2839 / +81-3-3814-2801
10 December 2019